Virtual Designer Career
Full Job Description
Applicants for this position must be located in Pacific or Mountain Standard Time
Lowe’s is able to offer remote employment of this position in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA(salaried roles only), CT, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY.
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while being friendly and professional with being eager to understand our customers need. The Virtual Designer serves as an expert, explaining the specifications and features of a product or service to existing or potential customers, with the goal of closing a sale. The Virtual Designer is primarily responsible for providing superior customer service by designing kitchens using computer – aided drafting 20/20 software. This includes specifications provided by Kitchen Sales Specialist and / or customer, prepare detailed design to meet customer needs. In addition, the Virtual Designer will create interior spaces that reflect customers’ needs and tastes. When applicable, follow-up with store Sales Specialist for any information necessary to complete design project. This role works closely with Stores and Service Providers to identify and respond to immediate needs/issues as well as generate ideas for enhancing/improving the overall program. In addition, the Virtual Designer will collaborate with peers daily to ensure consistent and effective messaging to all Virtual Designers and Virtual Design Manager. To be successful, the Virtual Designer must have knowledge of customer service practices, remodeling and installation activities and retail selling operations. Lastly, the Virtual Designer will include continuous cross training with the Kitchen Sales Specialist to assist with the development of processes and procedures to enhance the business model. Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
- Responsible for providing superior customer service by designing kitchens using computer – aided drafting 20/20 software.
- From specifications provided by Kitchen Sales Specialist and / or customer, prepare detailed design to meet customer needs.
- Create interior spaces that reflect customers’ needs and tastes. When necessary, follow – up with store Sales Specialist for any information necessary to complete design project.
- Cross training with role of Kitchen Sales Specialist may be required.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe’s customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Listens to, identifies, anticipates, and responds to customer needs.
- Displays a keen understanding of local competitive offerings; recognizing and communicating the advantages of Lowe’s products and services to employees and customers.
- Works with customers to create design and details, researches ideas based on customers’ plans, recommends products/services, and provides customers with project estimates consistently gaining customers commitment to close the sale.
- Follows-up with customers to ensure all order and project requirements are satisfactorily met.
- Serves as point of contact on all designs and/or installs within department.
- Monitors order status of products and special orders and communicates updates or issues with customers and Lowe’s associates (e.g., Receiving, Delivery, and Install staff) as needed.
• Enters, processes, and tracks customer orders and installations to manage customer follow-up and completion of order/project according to schedule.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, this individual is held accountable for other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of Call center, Office administrative, High volume retail, Service support, or similar work environment
- 2 years of Previous Kitchen/Bath experience
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries
- Read, write and communicate using English language enough to perform job functions
- Knowledge of company’s mission, purpose, goals and the role of the employee in achieving them
- Experience with CAD design or design using 20/20 software preferred
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- Maintains expertise on all appropriate computers systems and vendor catalogues as required for designs
- Ability to multitask many drawings at one time, excellent time management and
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. Pay Range for Colorado and New York : $16.54 – $27.55 per hour Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility,
To apply for this job please visit talent.lowes.com.